IGFOA Public Finance Law Institute
Date: December 11, 2012
Time: Check-in 9:30 - 10:00 AM
Seminar 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Village of Addison, Rooms 1301 ABC, 1 Friendship Plaza, Addison, IL 60101
Register for this event: click here
Intended Audience: Finance officers, finance staff, local government attorneys and other local government professionals
Seminar description: A full day seminar to review and discuss legal and regulatory issues affecting local government finance in Illinois, please refer to the learning objectives below.
Participates completing this Institute should be able to:
- Know what the new prerequisites are for Sales Tax Rebate agreements and the new requirements for Sales Tax Rebate filings
- Understand the Salary Posting Law and implement best practices to use with your municipality.
- Understand the legal issues with Tax Objections and identify strategies that can be used to avoid or mitigate those objections
- Understand Municipal Bankruptcy law in Illinois
- Identify and implement GASB Statements No. 63 and 65 new reporting standards into your financial statements.
The afternoon session participants completing this Institute should be able to:
- Identify the different ways to issue municipal bonds and which options are the best for your situation and community.
- Understand and identify different ways (negotiated, competitive or private placement) to sell bonds in the municipal marketplace and benefits to each.
- Determine, as a government issuer how to prepare for selling your bonds in the market. You will know what is the issuers responsibility in Official Statement preparation and the liabilities associated with those responsibilities. Understand the changes in the SEC rules for municipal issuers.
- Identify post issuance compliance requirements and implement procedures to insure you are complying with this rule.
Wendy Flaherty, Fifth Third SecuritiesRobert Lewis, PMA Financial Network
Alex Granchalek, William Blair & Company, LLC
Fred Lantz, Sikich LLP
Mark Nannini, City of Crystal Lake
Jim Savio, Sikich LLP
Adam Simon, Ancel Glink
Larry White, Chapman and Cutler, LLP
Moderator: Todd Sholeen, First Merit Bank
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Earn about 6 CPE credit
Early registration through November 15, 2012
November 15, 2012
Registration and Cancellation Policy: Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door. IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year. If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible. A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to December 4, 2012. Cancellations after December 4, 2012 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Substitutions may be made with advanced notice. IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org